RENFE agrees public service contract

first_imgSPAIN: The government has approved a contract with state operator RENFE covering the provision in 2013-15 of services that are deemed to meet a public service obligation. The contract covers suburban and medium-distance passenger services (including Avant high speed) on the national network that are funded by central government, as well as those on the 1 000 mm gauge network formerly operated by FEVE.To operate these socially-necessary services, RENFE will be paid a maximum of €510·2m in 2013, falling to €501·4m the following year and to €495·4m in 2015. The contract also establishes service levels as well as the type of rolling stock to be deployed, setting targets for train punctuality, customer satisfaction and passenger comfort. Separate accounts are to be maintained for the four service groups. With effect from January 1 2014, RENFE’S passenger activities will be established as one of four businesses reporting to an overall holding company, the others responsible for freight, rolling stock maintenance and train leasing.last_img read more

Ilonggo boxer faces Thai foe on Aug. 3

first_imgIn the undercard, Bugasong, Antique nativeEdsil Jungco (3-12-7) hopes to get back on the winning track when he facesIndian fighter Prabhjot Singh for the Philippine Boxing Federation (PBF)middleweight title. MANILA – Ilonggo boxer Denver Cuello aims tocontinue his career revival. He takes on Detnarong Omkrathok of Thailand onAug. at the Barangay Vergara Covered Court in Mandaluyong City. The 32-year-old Cuello will be entering thering with an impressive 37-5-6 win-loss-draw ring record, including 25 stoppagewins, while Omkrathok has 3-9-0 boxing slate, with one knockout win. Earlier this year, Cuello had a triumphantboxing return. He captured the ABF bantamweight championship with a secondround stoppage win over Indonesian Jack Amisa last March. “I am happy that I am given anotheropportunity to fight and have another shot at winning a world championship,”said Cuello, a former WBC silver minimumweight champion. Omkrathok, however, will not be an easy foe.He is on a roll lately with back to back wins against compatriot ThanachaiKhamoon last Sept. 23, 2018 and a decision over Japan’s Ryo Hashiya on July 8of the same year. The “Showdown in Mandaluyong” is promoted byBrico Santig of the Highland International Boxing Promotions./PN “I am happy to have another shot at winning a world championship,” says Iloilo’s Denver Cuello, a former WBC silver minimumweight champion. This will be the second bout of the Cabatuan,Iloilo-native Cuello after being away from boxing for almost four year or sincewhen he scored a technical knockout win over Thai boxer Boy Tanto.last_img read more