BETHESDA, Md. — Patrick Reed held it together better than anyone Saturday at steamy Congressional to build a two-shot lead in the Quicken Loans National. Reed made three bogeys in a seven-hole stretch, but still managed an even-par 71 and was in good position to claim his third victory this year. He was at 6-under 207, two shots ahead of Seung-yul Noh (66), Freddie Jacobson (71) and Marc Leishman (73). Quicken Loans National: Articles, videos and photos Noh finished the best score of the third round about the time leaders teed off. He wound up in the final group with Reed on Sunday. Jacobson wasted a good start with a pair of 6s on the back nine. Oliver Goss, in his second pro start, fell back with a three-putt double bogey. He had a 76 and was five shots behind.
James Ohlen: Anthem failure won’t mean the end of BioWareLong-serving designer also disputes “conspiracy theories” that EA is driving studio away from story-driven RPGsJames BatchelorEditor-in-ChiefTuesday 24th July 2018Share this article Recommend Tweet ShareCompanies in this articleEA BioWareFears that Electronic Arts could close BioWare if Anthem doesn’t live up to expectations are not something shared by one of the studio’s longest-running games designers.James Ohlen spent 22 years working at the acclaimed studio, most recently on Anthem, but retired last month to focus on other projects. In an interview with Game Informer, he addressed concerns that the shared world shooter could end up being the swansong for the Mass Effect developer.”I think EA is looking for BioWare to be a long-term part of the company,” he said. “I think EA really respects what BioWare brings to it. BioWare is a lot different than all the other aspects of its business, so even if Anthem doesn’t do as well – and I think it’s going to be great – but if it doesn’t do gangbusters I don’t think that’s the end of BioWare. I think it will simply be a chance for BioWare to learn some lessons and apply it to the next game that comes out.”He also stressed that Anthem is a project “driven by BioWare itself”, disputing “the conspiracy theories that EA is the one behind it”, adding: “That’s never been the case. BioWare’s always had a lot of control over the kind of games it makes.”The concern for BioWare stems from both the underwhelming performance of Mass Effect Andromeda and last year’s shock closure of Visceral, which suggests Electronic Arts is not particularly tolerant of underperforming studios at the moment.It doesn’t help that Anthem has been a little more divisive than you would a new BioWare title might be. While those who have tried the game themselves report the gameplay is solid, some of the studio’s long-running fans are dismayed that the team is heading more in the direction of Destiny and away from the lengthy, story-driven, player-defined adventures it is known for.Ohlen assures that Anthem is not indicative of BioWare abandoning its previous format, but merely trying to do something different.Related JobsSenior Game Designer – UE4 – AAA United Kingdom Amiqus GamesProgrammer – REMOTE – work with industry veterans! North West Amiqus GamesJunior Video Editor – GLOBAL publisher United Kingdom Amiqus GamesDiscover more jobs in games He also revealed that his departure has actually been planned since April, but he waited until after E3 to announce it. When asked about the steady loss of senior talent at BioWare over the past few years, Ohlen suggested that most were looking for a change after 10 to 15 years at the studio, rather than it being a sign of ill health for the company.In terms of his own departure, he said his decision was motivated by the “change to get involved in some of the creative stuff again”. While he was a narrative director on Anthem for six months, he stresses that his role was “not a huge one” before he handed the leadership to Cathleen Rootsaert.”It was a hard decision,” he said of his retirement. “I’d grown up with BioWare, and I’d been with BioWare since the very beginning. A lot of people who I love working with are at BioWare, and a lot of the leadership at BioWare are still people that I’ve worked with for a long time – Casey Hudson, Mark Darrah, Chad Robertson. Saying goodbye to those guys was a little bittersweet, but I don’t regret it.”Celebrating employer excellence in the video games industry8th July 2021Submit your company Sign up for The Daily Update and get the best of GamesIndustry.biz in your inbox. Enter your email addressMore storiesAnthem director leaves BioWareJonathan Warner, who was also chief of staff, had been at the studio for almost ten yearsBy Marie Dealessandri A month agoBioware stops work on AnthemRefresh of live service shooter abandoned as studio re-focuses on Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Star Wars: The Old Republic By Brendan Sinclair 2 months agoLatest comments Sign in to contributeEmail addressPasswordSign in Need an account? Register now.
“I hurt my hand training at the start of the grass season,” Roger Federer tells a German newspaper. AFP ROGER Federer has revealed that he has been suffering with a hand injury since the summer but said the problem is no longer a worry as he heads into his home Swiss Open starting on Monday.The 20-time Grand Slam winner told Germany’s Sonntag Zeitung of the problem that began when he trained for the grasscourt season.“I hurt my hand training at the start of the grass season,” Federer told the newspaper. “It’s had more consequences than I thought. I dragged this pain for about three months.“It’s not an excuse and we’re not going to make a fuss over it.” He added: “(Sometimes) I felt pain during the first 10 minutes of a match warm-up. But now I can let go of my forehand normally without thinking of it.”The 37-year-old Federer will start his bid for a ninth Basel title on Tuesday when he plays Serbia’s Filip Krajinovic and could face a revenge match in the second round if he and John Millman both advance.The 33rd-ranked Australian shocked Federer in the US Open fourth round in September.The Swiss, who will be playing only his second ATP tournament since the US Open, has a huge reputation to live up to at home, having won the trophy in three of the last four editions.Ranked third in the world, the defending champion takes the top seeding with German Alexander Zverev seeded second after losing in the first round in his only previous appearance here four years ago.Marin Cilic, the Basel winner in 2016, takes the third spot and starts against Canadian teenager Denis Shapovalov while Zverev plays Robin Haase in the opening round.Stefanos Tsitsipas, who on Sunday became the first Greek winner of an ATP tournament when he triumphed in Stockholm, makes his Basel main draw debut as fourth seed and faces off against Frenchman Jeremy Chardy. (AFP)
CAMAC of Yenagoa started their campaign on a gods note in group B as they got their total NBBF National Final opener to a winning start with a 73point victory over Bukavu Blinks of Kano.11points came from Benedict Onuvughakpo including 1 assist and 14 rebounds making him the star for his team as they sailed home to victory in a game that was majorly dominated by them.Amos Gbonwei and Lucky Reuben scored 10 points each while George Akuba came off the bench to help his team with 15pointsYahaya Abdulkareem’s 14 points was not enough in a game where the team’s inability to put their shots away condemned them to an opening day defeat.In the second Group B game, it was an exciting battle between Prison Reformers and Golden Touch, two equally competent teams. It took Mohammed Musa’s brilliant form to give Golden Torch a 59 to 55 point win with his 20 points and 3 assists. Adie Nazareth also assisted his team with 14points, 1 steal and 4 rebounds.The Golden Touch team was praised by their Head Coach, Huzi Mshelia, for their efforts tracing their win to resilience.“It was a very difficult game, but our boys held their grounds to grind out a win.”According to Mshelia, the first game is always crappy, so such result was expected.In the third game, Taraba’s Hurricane lost by just a slim point to Ondo Kings from Akure as the match ended 57 to 58points.Action continues on Wednesday with matches in Group A where Prison Reformers will tackle Coal City while Golden Touch face Brave Hearts.Ondo Kings will gear up against Bukavu Blings as Taraba Hurricanes battle CAMAC in Group B.RelatedNBBF Premier League: Rivers Hoopers Finish President Cup Unbeaten (AUDIO)October 25, 2019In “BasketBall”NBBF Premier League: Hoopers, Raptors Through To SemifinalsNovember 15, 2019In “BasketBall”NBBF Women League National Final 8: Quarter Finals Set For TuesdayOctober 21, 2019In “BasketBall”
Related Getty Images/David M. Benett(LOS ANGELES) — We learned in January that Lady Gaga would not be playing Donatella Versace in the third season of American Crime Story. Now we know who will.Penelope Cruz has been cast in the role of the Italian fashion designer, reports Variety.It will be the first major U.S. TV role for Cruz, who won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 2011 for her role in Woody Allen’s Vicky Cristina Barcelona.Versace: American Crime Story will explore the murder of Donatella’s brother, the designer Gianni Versaci, who was murdered by serial killer Andrew Cunanan in 1997. Edgar Ramirez has been cast as Gianni while Glee alum Darren Criss will play Cunanan. The series will be the third season of the true-crime anthology series from Ryan Murphy, who is also the creator of Glee, Scream Queens and the other anthology series American Horror Story and Feud.Production on the third season of American Crime Story begins next month, but the show will not air until 2018, the same year that the second season of the series, revolving around the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, will air.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico
By Paul LeckerSports ReporterSPENCER – The Spencer volleyball team celebrated Senior Night with the most important victory of the 2014 season.The Rockets defeated Greenwood 25-19, 25-16, 23-25, 25-18, in the battle of Cloverbelt Conference East Division unbeatens to clinch their third-straight title.Spencer finishes the Cloverbelt East at 7-0, losing just three games during the season. Greenwood moves to 5-1 with a match at home against Owen-Withee left on its schedule.Seniors Marisa Johnson, Brooke Kettleborough, Julia Berres and Abby Varsho were front-and-center for the Rockets, all contributing heavily to the victory.Johnson had 16 kills and 34 digs to lead the Rockets in both categories. Varsho had 11 kills, Berres had a team-high six aces and Kettleborough tallied 42 assists for Spencer.Jenna Schober added 21 digs and Macie Weber had nine kills for the Rockets.The four seniors finished their conference career with a 30-1 record in Cloverbelt East play over the past four seasons, winning 30 matches in a row after a season-opening loss to Owen-Withee in 2011.Spencer plays a nonconference match at Medford on Thursday.(Hub City Times Sports Reporter Paul Lecker is also the publisher of MarshfieldAreaSports.com).
It’s clear; Philadelphia loves Dom Streater. Since winning Season 12 of the hit television show Project Runway, this Philly-born designer has grown into a legit fashion industry mogul. For this throwback Thursday story, we’re revisiting our very first sitdown with Dom — you can check it out below. From showcasing her collections during Philly Fashion Week and reppin’ our city at New York Fashion Week to setting up her design studio in downtown Philadelphia, Dom has been on the go. Yet, the in-demand designer doesn’t seem to let the frenzy of a busy schedule slow her down at all. We recently caught up with Streater at her studio to talk about her growing, Philly-based empire and the “butterflies” she feels every time a model hits the runway wearing one of her garments. Dom even gives us the deets about her collection entitled Prima, which was inspired by a vintage photograph of famed Russian ballerina, Ana Pavlova. You can check out Philly 360°’s exclusive interview with the popular fashion designer below! The Creatives: Meet Dom Streater(D. King for Philly 360/Visit Philadelphia)
Day 1 of the National Youth Championships 2018 signals big things to come for elite touch in Australia, with a decent spread of talent on display from around the country. The undefeated NSWCHS had the biggest 18s Boys win of the day – with 19-1 against the SA Roosters. Which helped them finish Day 1 top of their pool’s ladder, though with tournament favourites QSST pretty much neck and neck. QSST continued their extraordinary winning streak, not having lost a game in two years at NYC – will they soon make it three?The undefeated SQ Sharks won 17-2 against the NT, and 7-5 against NSWCCC, to finish top of the ladder in their pool, though with the CQ Bulls, NSWTA Dev and NSWCCC close on the Sharks’ tail.NSWCCC had a strong 13-4 win against fellow NSW team NSWCIS.The pineapple juice stand at the stadium was going off but the local Sunshine Coast Pineapples Boys team experienced two losses during the day – 4-9 to the SWQ Swans, and 2-13 to NSWCHS. Yet they managed a win, 7-2, over Victorian Storm.NZ also triumphed over Vic Storm (4-14), but experienced a 4-10 loss against the favourites, QSST.In the Girls 18s, QSST is also looking strong, topping the ladder in their pool after a convincing win against the Cyclones, 13-1, and the biggest winning margin in the Girls tournament on Day 1 – 22 tries against Tasmania’s 3. Not surprising since the team contains more than half a dozen athletes who just brought home the Youth World Cup and played in the NRL Touch Premiership, including Australian 18s Girls captain Leesa Mi Mi and fellow Cowboy Premiership player Indianna Tillett.But Tasmania showed their grit in a 7-5 win against the Vic Storm.Though NSWCHS, including YWC champions Faith Nathan and Andi Law, also remained undefeated after a day’s play, finishing top of the ladder in their pool. They didn’t let ACT Raiders score, finishing a game 13-0.NSWCCC won 7-3 against CQ Bulls but lost 9-4 to fellow NSW team NSWCHS.Sharks can survive cyclones, according to South Queensland’s performance against North Queensland, 8-2, while the Swans also went down to the Sharks, 9-3. Leaving the Sharks undefeated and second on the ladder in their pool.The SWQ Swans had a convincing win against the Vic Storm, 9-3.The SA Roosters Girls fought hard all day, winning 10-9 against the CQ Bulls and losing by just two points (8-6) to NSWTA Dev – before going down to NZ 11-4. NZ also took down NT in an 11-nil whitewash.The Brisbane City Cobras clocked one win on the board (10-6 against NSWCIS) but lost two games (1-12 to QSST and 4-6 to the SQ Sharks). It’ll be interesting to see how much a second day of play changes the ladders.In the National Schools Cup, the Helensvale 7/8 Girls finished Day 1 top of the ladder, followed by All Hallows School.Helensvale also finished top of the ladder in their 9/10 Girls pool, closely followed by Cavendish Road State High School and Saint Joseph’s Regional College. While in the other 9/10 Girls pool, the Cathedral College dominated.In the 7/8 Boys, Cavendish Road State High School prevailed. And in the 9/10 Boys, Coombabah State High finished above them in one pool, and Iona College topped the other.Looking forward to Day 2!
James Tarkowski insists he’s happy at Burnleyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBurnley defender James Tarkowski insists he is happy at Turf Moor.The defender has been capped twice and was named on England’s standby list for the World Cup in 2018 but pulled out to have hernia surgery.Tarkowski said: “Obviously on a personal level I want to be in that team and be in that squad. “I feel like I’m in the best position I’ve ever been in in terms of fitness and the way I’m playing. All I can do is keep trying to perform to the level I have been and hopefully catch the manager’s eye.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Elliott Management deny immediate plans to sell AC Milanby Carlos Volcano6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveElliott Management deny there’s any immediate plans to sell AC Milan.A spokesperson for the firm told Affariitaliani.it when asked about a potential change of ownership: “Absolutely not.“The only option on the table is to build a new stadium in the San Siro area.“The proposals and requests put to the City Council of Milan were based on this idea. There’s no other project elsewhere.“The status quo and restructuring aren’t viable tracks.”