Justin Lubin/NBC(NEW YORK) — The Judge Cuts continued on Tuesday’s edition of America’s Got Talent, with seven more of the acts that made it through the auditions advancing to the Live Rounds.Dancer Oscar Hernandez; dance troupes Brobots & Mandroids and Diavolo; roller skating duo Billy and Emily England; singer Mike Yung; and comedian Preacher Lawson all advanced. Nine-year-old singer Celine Tam was sent straight to the Live Rounds via “the Golden Buzzer.”Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Mel B were back behind the judges’ table to offer their opinions and decide which acts would advance. Helping them this week was Laverne Cox.Here’s a rundown of some of Tuesday’s highlights:34-year-old dancer Oscar Hernandez is a choreographer who dreams of taking center stage. Backed by a group of cheerleaders, he strutted his stuff to “Bang Bang” by Jessie J featuring Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj, and blew the judges away. Cox called the husky dancer, “Large and in charge.”56-year-old New York City subway singer Mike Yung tackled Sam Cooke’s “A Change Is Gonna Come.” Simon applauded Yung for having “paid your dues,” adding that he had such a great heart [and] such a great talent.”Dance ensemble Brobots & Mandroids — a few bodies shorter than last time because their parents wanted them to focus on school — brought the audience to life with their precision dance moves. Cox thought they were “hot”; Heidi declared they brought their “A” game and Simon said they had a “likeability” to them.Celine Tam, a nine-year-old with a powerhouse voice, belted out Michael Bolton’s “How Am I Supposed to Live Without You” and brought everyone to their feet. Cox, who had earlier said she was looking for an act that blew her away, saw that in Tam, and hit her Golden Buzzer, sending the youngster straight to the Live Shows.Dance troupe Diavolo employs massive sets that they incorporate into their choreography. The concept of Tuesday’s routine was a moving train on which they performed their acrobatic moves. Cox enjoyed the act, but wondered if there was a place for them in the real world outside of the show.The judges loved Preacher Lawson’s brand of stand-up comedy, which combined physical humor with witty observations, this week about the pitfalls of online dating. Mel B said she didn’t want it to stop. Simon agreed, adding that Lawson had “star quality.”Brother and sister roller skating act Billy and Emily England thrilled with their daring lifts and spins. Heidi called them “the best act of the day.”The Judge Cuts conclude with Seal as the guest judge when America’s Got Talent returns Tuesday at 8 p.m. Eastern time on NBC.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
Today we deviated from our usual format as the first prize was a free bungy jump. The winner was Neil Harvey (16) with 36 points and the unfortunate loser with 39 points was Tony Wakefield (17) who played consistently well throughout his round.Note: Siam Country Resort, Restaurant & Bar is located just off Siam Country Club Rd, after going under the arch past the 7/11, turn right after 50 meters, with the venue on the left another 200 meters along. Golf from here is generally played on Tuesday & Thursday, with the Resort hosting prompt presentations on both days. As a PSC affiliated venue we welcome ALL golfers, including ladies & seniors (>60s) who have opted for the “Silver” tee option. Call 089 2535440 (Willem Lasonder) for scheduling or enquiries. PSC Golf from Siam Country ResortTuesday, August 25, Greenwood – StablefordOn Tuesday we took the long road to Greenwood. This is a very nice course and has been well maintained throughout the low season, in particular we found the greens were a good speed and running very true.It was a lonely feeling playing today as we had the course all to ourselves. Our golf was the usual mix of highs and lows and despite having three 8’s on his card Paddy Devereux (h/cap 22) emerged the surprising winner with 37 points.Thursday, August 27, Phoenix – StablefordIt was the short road to nearby Phoenix on Thursday, which again was in very good condition with quick greens. The caddies were well turned out with nice new push trolleys, a change from the usual bit of old scrap iron they usually have to drag round most courses.
THESE Anzac traditionalists are the best of mates – except for a couple of hours every Anzac Day. Their years…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By Danielle Kutchel For kids in crisis, time is of the essence – and a new innovation by Backpacks 4 VIC Kids could…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
By Bruce Fuhr,The Nelson Daily SportsIt’s not like the final result was totally unexpected. The 2010 edition of the Mount Sentinel Wildcats was young and inexperienced.Still, when a school has sent a team to the provincial tournament for more than two decades there is bound to be a few unhappy faces walking the halls of the South Slocan-based facility.Fernie Falcons rained on the Mount Sentinel victory parade by stopping the host Cats 15-11 in the fifth game of the bronze medal contest at the Kootenay High School A Girl’s Volleyball Championships Saturday at Castlegar’s Selkirk College.The loss eliminated the Wildcats from attending a record 22 straight B.C. High School A Girl’s Volleyball Championship early next month in Abbotsford.“Although we will not be at the provincials it was not because a lack of effort and preparation,” said Sentinel coach Joe Moreira. “The group worked as hare as any previous teams. We played well at the zone finals and there were no upsets. We were beat by teams that were stronger than us.”Fernie jumped to a 2-0 lead before the Wildcats rallied to square the match at 2-2. The Falcons then upped their service game to win by four points.“As always is the case in the fifth game, the team that can keep their serves in tend to win,” Moreira confessed. “Fernie served better than we did, and won.”The Wildcats finished second in the preliminary round to Selkirk Storm of Kimberley, losing 25-15, 25-17.“We had no answer for National team youth player, Breanna Rauch,” said Moreira.In the quarterfinal round Mount Sentinel and Fernie each won to advance to the semi finals.A surprisingly strong team from Elkford knocked off the Cats 25-21, 25-13, 29-27.“In the second game their serving beat us up, but we rebounded nicely in the third but (Elkford) got to 29 before we did,” he said.Selkirk earned the first seed from the Kootenays by stopping Elkford in the final 25-20, 25-22, 26-24.“We played this Kootenay Final the way we had played during the season,” Moreira explained. “No surprises . . . we are a fairly young team with four Grade 10 players that carry a fairly big load and the load was pretty heavy this weekend.”The last time a team from Mount Sentinel did not qualify for the provincial tournament came in 1987 when Salmo ousted the Cats.During a stretch from 1991 to 2009 Mount Sentinel teams won four provincial titles — 1997, 2002, 2004, 2007 — and finished second or third eight times.“Although we will not be in attendance this year, we will return,” Moreira [email protected]
A goal by Zack Smith at 7:35 of the third period snapped a 2-2 tie and powered the Binghamton Senators to a 3-2 road victory over the Pirates in game one of the AHL Calder Cup Atlantic Division Finals Wednesday in Portland, M.E. The win was Binghamton’s first of the postseason to come in regulation. All four victories over the Manchester Monarchs in the division semifinals came in overtime.Former KIJHL defenceman for the Nelson Leafs Geoff Kinrade, 25, plays for Binghamton.The 6-foot, 207-pound Kinrade finished the game logging tons of minutes and a minus-1 on the stats sheet.Captain Ryan Keller and rookie Bobby Butler also scored for the Baby Sens, the farm team of NHL’s Ottawa franchise.The Baby Sens and Pirates return to the ice in Portland Thursday for Game 2 of the best-of-seven Atlantic Division Finals.
Two quick goals by Nicholas Ketola 45 seconds apart tied the game at 4-4 heading into the third period.Andy Fitzpatrick gave Nelson the lead for good, scoring his eighth of the season with eight minutes remaining in the contest.Empty net goals by Davie and Austin Anselmo with time running out secured the win for the Leafs.“We’re going to get into playoffs and we’re going to compete,” Chernenkoff said.“We have to come every night and work hard. It doesn’t matter what happened in the past, this is now and we all have to step up to play.”Allan Pruss, Jace Weegar, Blake Sidoni and Sam Swanson scored for the Hawks.Beaver Valley out shot the Leafs 32-27 in the contest.Kootenay Ice affiliate netminder Kurt Doyle, making his second consecutive start, was solid in the nets for Nelson to register the win in goal.Hawks’ netminder Tallon Kramer took the loss for Beaver Valley.“We’re a talented group,” explained Miller, adding he’s pleased to see the players respond positively to the coaching change.“We work hard at practice. Once we get systems and everything down with the new coach I think things will begin to get better,” Miller said.And what about 2016?“Can’t wait,” Miller exclaimed.ICE CHIPS: After scoring 12 goals in the past five games, the Leafs busted out for a dozen markers in two games. . . . Head coach Mario DiBella watched from the lower level, allowing assistant coaches Sean Dooley (forwards) and Isaac MacLeod (defence) to hold down the bench duties. . . . Jordan Davie has been on fire offensively for the Leafs. Davie is currently riding a five-game scoring streak, with 11 points during that time. The Kaslo native has points in eight of his last nine games. . . . Nelson trails third-place Grand Forks by two points in Murdoch standings. No one in the their right hockey minds thought the Green and White would bounce back overnight.But the future sure looks a whole lot brighter heading into New Year for the Nelson Leafs after a win on the final day of 2015.Veterans Rayce Miller and Jordan Davie each had three points to lead the Leafs to a 7-4 Kootenay International Junior Hockey League victory over the Beaver Valley Nitehawks in the annual New Year’s Eve clash Thursday at the NDCC Arena.The win was a first of the season for the Leafs over the Murdoch Division leaders and avenges a 6-5 loss Wednesday in the first of the home-and-home series.“It’s a fresh start and that’s exactly how we’re looking at it,” said Leaf defenceman Kyle Chernenkoff.“We’ve got 17 games left this season and we have no choice but to put our best foot forward. I think the guys are all buying in to our new systems and once we get going we’re going to finish off real strong.”“As a team were ready to go,” added captain Rayce Miller.“The mood on the team is really positive.”Of course, the game didn’t go exactly as it was drawn up on the blackboard.After jumping to a 2-0 lead seven minutes into the game on goals by Blair Andrews and Davie, the Hawks scored four straight times to lead 4-2 midway through the second frame.But much like Wednesday in Fruitvale, the Leafs bent but did not break.
“Our pitchers gave up 11 hits while we walked 11, combined with eight physical errors lead to a lopsided loss for us,” Mace explained.Casey Harrison, Jordan Mcleod and Chase May picked up hits for us in Game two.In Game 3, LVR got into the win column by defeating Vulcan Alberta.LVR jumped on the Albertans, scoring six runs in the first inning due to one key error.Chase May had three hits to lead LVR while Nate Ingram had two and Connor Comishin, Jodan Mcleod and Reese Tambellini each collected one hit.Mount Boucherie of Kelowna pounded out 18 hits while and walked another eight times to dump the Bombers.LVR also committed eight errors in the blowout loss.Marty Ingram picked up two hits while Connor Comishin and Reese Tambellini each had one hit.Game 5 Sunday morning was a close game until our defense let the pitching down and we allowed 10 unearned runs in a 13 – 8 loss.Harrison, May and Tambellini (one of which was a 3 run Home Run) collected two hits, while Joel Aubert, Marty Ingram and Connor Comishin collected one each.The team travels to Cranbrook on Wednesday and then to Mt. Spokane on Saturday. The L.V. Rogers Bombers showed their youth and inexperience as the club finished the J. Lloyd Crowe Hawks High School Baseball Tournament with a 1-4 record this weekend in Trail.“(This is) the first time this year we struggled both at the plate and on the field,” said Bomber manager Ron Mace.“The pitchers threw the ball well for the most part but making on average six errors per game did not help.”LVR opened the tournament with a loss to the host Hawks.The Bombers, missing several key players due to school commitments, had four hits in the game with Reese Tambellini collecting two of them.Aeden Osika started the game and he got relief help from Connor Comishin and Steven Ross, in total they gave up 14 walks, four hits and struck out six.A red-hot Cranbrook Wild squad then pounded the Bombers in Game two.
The hooker, who can also play at loosehead prop, has agreed a new three-year deal that will see him play at the Sportsground until at least the summer of 2020. Connacht Rugby and the IRFU are delighted to confirm the contact extensions of Tom McCartney. McCartney, who will qualify to play for Ireland in October 2017, recently celebrated his 50th Connacht appearance with a Man of the Match performance and two tries against Benetton Treviso in the Guinness PRO12.Commenting on the latest deal, Connacht Rugby CEO Willie Ruane said:“This is a hugely positive move for Connacht Rugby and a big statement from Tom highlighting the belief and confidence he has in the future of the club. “Tom came to Connacht from overseas and in a short time he has made a very positive impact on our environment here. He is an important member of the squad and very popular among our supporters. We are thrilled that he sees his future with Connacht.”Head Coach Pat Lam added:“I’m delighted for Connacht Rugby and our supporters that Tom has re-signed. It is a massive statement for the future of the squad and the province. “I’ve known Tom for so much of his career and he is a valuable leader on and off the pitch. Along with all the other recent re-signings, he will be an important contributor to the future success of the province.”Tom McCartney said:“I’m delighted to sign on for another three years with Connacht Rugby. I came here excited to be able to help the province achieve its vision of success and I believe we have the structures in place to see us continue to go from strength to strength.”print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
Proposal A will feature theProvincial Championships as present with the current four rounds of All-IrelandQualifiers reducing to two rounds and open to teams from Allianz Divisions1 and 2 and any Allianz Division 3 and 4 teams who qualify for their ProvincialFinals.The Tier 2 Championship format ofProposal A is a straight knock out competition for 16 teams from acrossDivisions 3 and 4 that do not make their Provincial Finals. There is the possibility for thecompetition to be organised on a geographical basis – northern and southernconferences for first round ties, quarter-finals and semi-finals to ensureless travel for teams and supporters, while also retaining local rivalries.The semi-finals would be the onlysenior inter-county GAA events on their respective weekend – barring a majorreplay.Proposal B which has gone forward fordiscussion is similar to the above and also features Division 3 and 4 teamsthat do not reach a Provincial Final entering a new Tier 2 championship.A key difference is that in the eventthat a Division 3 or 4 team do reach a Provincial Final,to make up 16 teams in Tier 2 their place in Tier 2 would be taken by thelowest ranked Division 2 team from that year’s Allianz league.The format for the Tier 2Championship in Proposal B features an initial round of games which thencreates a winners’ group and a losers’ group and so offers beaten counties away of playing their way back into contention.Proposal B would be played out on thefollowing lines:16 Teams involvedRd 1: 8 Teams v 8 TeamsRd 2a: 4 Winners Rd 1 v 4 Winners Rd1Rd 2b: 4 Losers Rd 1 v 4 Losers Rd 1Rd 3: 4 Rd 2b Winners v 4 Rd 2aLosersQF: 4 Rd 2a Winners v 4 Rd 3 WinnersSemi-finals & FinalAn additional prize for the winner ofthe final under both proposals would be a place reserved in the followingyear’s All-Ireland Sam Maguire Championship, irrespective of their leagueposition. It is also envisaged that both proposalswould have dedicated broadcast coverage and a marketing and promotionalcampaign with a dedicated All-Star selection and tour.The finals under both proposals wouldtake place at Croke Park.The proposals will now be sent tocounties for discussion with a final wording on the proposals to be agreed at ameeting of Ard Comhairle in September.In another development, Ard Comhairlealso decided to condense the schedule for the AIB All-Ireland club seniorchampionships and has agreed to move the senior finals next year from March 17to a new date in January.In 2020 the senior semi-finals in hurlingand football will be played across the weekend of January 4/5. The AIBAll-Ireland club senior finals in hurling and football will now be played on Sunday,January 19.The move is part of an overallcommitment to condense the fixture calendar, create opportunities for clubactivity and would also allow counties in the Allianz Leagues to access playerswho were previously unavailable because they were playing in All-Ireland seniorclub semi-finals and finals.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Ard Comhairle has this morning unanimouslyagreed to send forward two separate proposals on the formation of a Tier 2All-Ireland senior football championship out to the wider membership fordiscussion. A decision on the proposals will betaken at a Special Congress which will be staged at Páirc Uí Chaoimh on October19, with a view to implementation in time for the 2020 Championship summer.