Bulgarian MMA fighter Blagoy Ivanov – Bagata lost to Brazilian Augusto Sakai in the main battle of the UFC Fight Night event. The Bulgarian lost the second consecutive match with a dissenting decision of the referee – 1: 2 votes (30-27, 28-29, 28-29). Bagata performed strongly in the first two rounds, but the Brazilian won the third. The Coritiba fighter used more kicks, while Ivanov relied on blows to Sakai’s head. The rich woman bled her opponent, but the judges awarded Sakai the victory.I ROUNDBlagoy Ivanov started the clash more passively, waiting for a convenient moment to attack. The Brazilian started with kicks, which did not bring defeats to the Bulgarian. Gradually, Bagata attacked with a left straight in Sakai’s head, which shook his opponent. The Bulgarian led the match very skillfully. Two minutes before the end of the round, the fighter attacked us again with his left, followed by a clinch between the two. Blagoy Ivanov scored two more blows to Sakai’s head while the Brazilian continued to rely on kicks.ROUND IIAt the beginning of the round, Bagata placed a great left straight in Sakai’s head. Then came another blow. Ivanov tried to attack and knock down his opponent, but failed. The Brazilian continued to keep his distance and place kicks. An exchange of blows followed, followed by a clinch between the two, but the Bulgarian escaped. The rich man places new blows on Sakai’s body. The fighter from Coritiba made two blows to the head of the Bulgarian, but Ivanov responded with an exact right. The two had taken different tactics – Blagoy Ivanov placed more blows to Sakai’s head, while the Brazilian relied on kicks, which he placed in the legs and body of the Bulgarian. A minute before the end, the fighter from Coritiba received an arcade in the galva. At the very end of the round, Bagata attacked with a take-down and the two fighters were on the ground, but there was no time to attack harder. source: Gulliver / GettyImagesROUND IIIIn the final third round, Bagata attacked with a left hook. Sakai’s answer followed, but the Bulgarian parried. The two exchanged new blows. Despite the fatigue, Ivanov placed a new left right in Sakai’s head. But the Brazilian managed to score two consecutive shots. Gradually, the Bulgarian fighter recovered and realized a new right in the head of the Brazilian. A clinch between the two followed. Ivanov tried to throw, but failed, and Sakai helped himself with the net, for which he could be deprived of a point. However, Bagata realized a right hook in Sakai’s head. The Brazilian continued with the kicks, which he placed very skillfully in the body of the Bulgarian. For its part, Bagata continued to attack with the left. One of them hit the Brazilian hard in the head. Sakai won the round and Ivanov attacked in the final seconds of the match. The Bulgarian placed a blow to Sakai’s head and that was the end of the match. Everything had to be decided by the judges.
ROME, (Reuters) – After weeks of wrangling, with several U-turns on the way, Italy is due to decide today if and when its top-flight Serie A soccer league can resume after the coronavirus stoppage. Possibly encouraged by seeing how Germany’s Bundesliga has restarted without problems so far, the Italian government appears to have relaxed its position recently.Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora, who is due to meet the head of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) Gabriele Gravina ahead of the announcement, says the most likely outcome is a restart on June 13 or 20.But only last month, he had warned that Serie A could go the same way as its French counterpart Ligue 1 and be called off — a comment that he said led him to be painted as “the enemy of football”. “France’s decision would have been the easiest one to make. I didn’t want to do it, I just found it shameful that I was being asked to decide on Serie A’s resumption at a time when the country was short of beds in intensive care,” he said.“It is right that football can start again now that the rest of the country is starting again.”Serie A’s 20 clubs have voted unanimously in favour of a restart although some appear more enthusiastic than others. While Lazio, who were on a 21-match unbeaten league run before Serie A was suspended and are one point behind leaders Juventus, are raring to go, others such as bottom side Brescia seem less keen.Brescia at one point threatened to forfeit matches if Serie A resumed and they were the last club to resume training.One of the stumbling blocks to a resumption of the league was the government’s insistence that if a player tested positive for the coronavirus, the whole squad would have to be quarantined but this has since been dropped. Teams will however still be subject to strict measures, similar to those adopted by the Bundesliga.There will be no mascots, handshakes or team photographs before matches, children will not accompany teams onto the field and a maximum of 300 people will be allowed in the stadium.When travelling by road, squads will have to be spread between two buses and will be encouraged to use charter flights when flying. The players’ union is concerned about plans to stage some matches at 1630 local time in the summer months while referees are hoping for more respect.“Was the coronavirus needed to say that players should keep their distance from the referee when they protest?,” asked Marcello Nicchi, head of the Italian referees’ association.
Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Okowa has revealed that the Stephen Keshi Stadium will be ready by next month.According to him, contractors handling the stadium construction in Delta State has assured that it would be ready by May and that national assignments and competitions cam also take place there.The new stadium is named after late Super Eagles player and manager Stephen Keshi for his immense contributions to Nigerian football before his demise.In his words via Vanguard, the Delta State Governor said: ” I am told by the contractors that looking onto the month of May they should be completing this project and I believe that once the stadium is completed some of these national assignments and competitions will also take place here, the President of the Nigeria Football Federation has already spoken towards that because once something is good it cannot be hidden”.“We are in the plan to grow a lot of sporting activities as we are actually concerned with youth sport development and i am sure that a lot of activities will be taken place here, recently we have been using the Ozoro stadium; we will not stop using it but this obviously will be a higher quality stadium.” he added.Related
VINTON, Iowa – You’ll have to look pretty hard to find differences between 2014 and 2015 IMCA procedures. Aside from some wording in the engine claim process, there isn’t any.Both the point system and how bonus points are awarded will be the same this season as last. IMCA President Brett Root also noted there won’t be any change in regional boundaries for Stock Cars and Hobby Stocks. “We announced in December there was a possibility of realigning those borders and creating regions for the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods,” he said. “After much discussion, we determined that changing the borders for Stock Car and Hobby Stocks was feasible but at this time, not necessary.”“There definitely will be regions, likely east and west, for the Northern SportMods in 2016,” Root added. “They are now our second largest division in terms of members and regions would make perfect sense.” The areas of the country represented in top national Modified standings last season dispelled any notions to make bonus point changes.“Everyone has an idea on how to handle the bonus point system but nothing indicated that system had flaws that needed to be addressed,” said Root. “With the number of drivers and tracks we have, this is a pretty good system.”More local track and special series schedules are being finalized. The weekly point season began in early January and runs through Sept. 27, with the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s Sept. 7-12.“Super Nationals is always the first full week of September and unfortunately that will squeeze out a weekend of specials usually held during the point season,” Root said.
Related ABC/Image Group LA(LOS ANGELES) — Thanks to NBC, Bad Boys will live on.Variety reports that the Bad Boys spinoff starring Gabrielle Union has landed at NBC with a pilot production commitment.In the potential series, Union is set to reprise her Bad Boys II role, Syd Burnett. Syd, however, has now moved to L.A. and is living a carefree lifestyle as an LAPD detective. Unfortunately, her new partner, Nancy McKenna, believes Syd’s lifestyle is a front for a “greater personal secret.”As previously reported, The Blacklist writer-producers Brandon Margolis and Brandon Sonnier have already signed on to write the script. In addition to starring in the series, Union will executive produce.The potential series news comes after BET announced the cancellation of Union’s Being Mary Jane, ending the series with a fifth season two-hour movie special.Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico
With Rob Kelley placed on injured reserve, the Redskins have added a new RB to fill his shoes. On Tuesday, they added Byron Marshall to their active roster. He was previously on the Eagles’ practice squad before the Redskins signed him to their active squad, and before that, he was a star for the Oregon Ducks, totaling over 3,000 yards between rushing and receiving.Before the signing of Marshall, it appeared that Samaje Perine and Chris Thompson would split snaps, with Perine as the power back and Thompson as the main pass catcher out of the backfield. With the addition of Marshall, it is unclear how the three of them will split snaps.Perine is strong, but lacks speed, and Thompson is a good pass catcher, but sometimes struggles to get through the line rushing. Marshall might be the versatile every down back that Rob Kelley was supposed to be this year.Please follow and like us:
By ALANA MITCHELSON A SHORTEN Labor Government has promised to partner with the State Andrews Labor Government to contribute $85…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
MATAWAN By WAYNE WITKOWSKI Correspondent Matawan Regional High School’s boys track and field team has its biggest dual meet of the season on April 28 when it travels to Red Bank Regional High School for a Shore Conference B North Division showdown.Confident of a victory against Neptune High School on April 22, which would raise the Huskies’ record to 4-0, they face a formidable challenge against Red Bank Regional before concluding their dual meet schedule against Ocean Township High School.Matawan hasn’t lost a dual meet in eight years and winning the next two meets would run their dual meet win streak to 56 victories — continuing a streak of unbeaten seasons surpassed only by the 10 years of perfection from 1990 to 2000. “If we get this win, we’re in good shape,” coach Sam Turner said. “We’re young. Red Bank has sprinters and a good shot putter. We have good kids in the hurdles in Nate Bowie and Printinder Singh. They’re key for us. And we have distance relays. We have to double and triple our distance guys. That’s not easy.”Bowie, a junior, qualified for the NJSIAA Meet of Champions (MOC) in the high jump. Singh is a talented senior.Both were part of the Huskies’ great outdoor season in which they went beyond a runner-up finish to Livingston High School in the NJSIAA Central Jersey Group II championships and won the Group II title the following week. There’s no John Alston or Justin Love, who has embarked on a fine career at Cornell University, this season, but many perform well enough in their roles.“We have no holes, but no super studs either,” Turner said. “We have a lot to protect.” Instead, Matawan has depth and manpower to win relay meets and team championships, like its runaway sweep of the Rebel Relays, its own 21st annual Husky Relays and the Hudson County Relays. It set two school records in the Husky Relays on April 12 — a 3:34.74 mark in the sprint medley by senior Tyler Perlowin, junior Greg Edwards, sophomore Aliem Shaw and junior Matt Natoli; and the 10:49.30 time in the distance medley run by Natoli and his older brother, Tom (senior), junior Harrell Dixon and senior Dan Wills. They helped Matawan with 138 points, scoring double that of runner-up Long Branch High School (68).There’s the Lion Invitational on April 26, but Matawan will no doubt be holding back to stay ready and healthy for the Red Bank dual, the upcoming Monmouth County meet at Long Branch on April 30 and the Long Branch Relays on May 3. The state relays are on May 7 and 9. The 4×400-meter relay team reached the MOC last year, and Shaw, Perlowin, and Matt Natoli are back, with Edwards replacing Love in the anchor position. With the NJSIAA making the 4×100 a scoring event this spring, Turner believes he is developing talent for that event, which could lead to points that could make a difference in big meets.There are individual performances that can help, particularly by junior pole vaulter Matt Isaacson, who has reached 14 feet. Shaw can get points in the sprints, Edwards and Perlowin run well in the 400 and the Natoli brothers can be counted on in the distance events. Senior Brendon Howley also is capable in shorter distances.“We’re not a great individual team, but we can get points and do well in the relays,” Turner said. “We’ve had great kids and great assistant coaches who can teach them and just have a command of winning, which breeds more winning. That’s huge.”Turner said he is pleased that the team is working toward its main objective of progressing toward peak performances later in May.
By Mark GleesonGhana and Ivory Coast can shift the focus of attention from crowd disorder to footballing skills when the two neighbours meet in the final of the African Nations Cup on Sunday.Ghana’s 3-0 semi-final victory over hosts Equatorial Guinea in Malabo on Thursday was overshadowed by violence, 36 people being injured, one seriously.The game was halted for more than 30 minutes near the end as objects were thrown from the stands at the opposing team, officials and fans by locals angry at the demise of their team.Ghana and Ivory Coast have followed remarkably similar paths to the final, starting the tournament slowly with new-look teams as they tried to forget disappointing 2014 World Cup campaigns.The Ivorians spluttered through the Nations Cup qualifiers without retired talisman Didier Drogba.New coach Herve Renard said he risked alienating members of the squad by accusing some of his better players of pulling in different directions.He has also still to rid himself of the scowl that has been permanently etched on his face from the start of the three-week tournament.Renard did, though, drop his guard briefly after Wednesday’s 3-1 semi-final win over Democratic Republic of Congo to purr about strike pair Wilfried Bony and Gervinho and midfielder Yaya Toure.The Frenchman is hoping to become the first man to win the Nations Cup with two different countries, having led Zambia to the title three years ago.Ghana’s squad were pilloried for a World Cup strike over money and their problems in Brazil were exacerbated by the expulsion from the camp of senior players Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng because of indiscipline.“We realise we owe the fans and we have worked hard to win back their trust and affection,” said captain Asamoah Gyan.Both teams are expected to take an attacking approach to the game and have match-winning quality in abundance. Defensive frailties at either end also add to an intriguing contest.